There are lots of hill towns in India. From there I have highlighted 10 most beautiful hill stations which are also famous as a tourist spot.
A large part of the beauty of nature is seen in the mountains. The greenery of the mountain, the fountain, the melodious tune of the birds, mountainous river, frequent visits of various types of animal in the valley - all of them refresh the people's mind.
India is a vast country. There are more than 20 mountains, including the Himalayas. There are numerous towns in India that are surrounded by hills and mountains. During colonial rule, European colonialists thought that they will take shelter in the mountains in the summer to avoid excessive humidity and unbearable heat in India. From that thought, they built city in the flank of the mountains.
For this, hill towns of India are called 'Hill Station'. There are numerous scenic hill towns scattered in different states of India. Today we will discuss some of the hill towns of India, which are top in beauty and popularity.
1. Srinagar: Srinagar, the capital of Jammu and Kashmir is located on the banks of the Jhelum river which is surrounded by a snow covered mountain. Srinagar is one of the most popular hill towns in India, for its scenic beauty. The main attraction of Srinagar is Dal Lake. On the water of lake we have seen an unique precedent of Kashmiri heritage Shikara.
Shikara is made of wood, a specially designed boat. It floats on the water of Dal Lake which become the symbol of Srinagar and Kashmir. During the sunset, Dal Lake creates breathtaking beauty. The floating vegetable market is available in Dal Lake and Nigeen Lake.
2. Simla: Simla is one of the most popular hill towns in India. It is located at the foothills of the Himalayas, at a height of 2,159 meters from sea level. At one time, Simla was the summer capital of British. It is now the capital of Himachal Pradesh. The entire city is located in a rocky area.
Dense forests of pine, Oak and Rhododendron are all around the city. There are numerous eye-catching places to visit in Simla. Famous road mall road is located in the center of the city. Other, attractive place is Jakhoo Hills, Jakhoo Temple, Christ Church, Shopping Mall, Summer Hill, Kalka–Shimla Railway, Mall road, Arki Fort, Daranghati Sanctuary, The Shimla State Museum, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Kufri etc.
3. Ooty: Ooty is a famous hill Town of Tamil Nadu. It is located at an altitude of 7,347 feet above sea level. This city has hidden in the natural beauty. It is located in the lap of the Nilgiri Hills and the city surrounded by dense green trees. There are large green tea gardens spread out in the small hills and the plateau of Ooty. There is visibly pleased to the eye natural scenery on the zigzag mountanious road. The main attraction of Ooty is Ooty Botanical garden, Avalanche Lake, Doddabetta Peak, Deer Park, Ooty Lake, Kalhatty waterfalls, Kamraj Sagar Dam, Mudumalai National Park, Mukurthi National Park, Needle View Hillpoint/Needle Rock View-point, Ooty Rose Garden, Ooty Toy Train, Tribal Research Center, Parsons Valley Reservoir Ooty, Pykara Waterfalls, St Stephens Church, Ooty Stone House, Toda Huts Ooty etc.
4. Nainital: Nainital is located in the foothills of the Kumayun mountain range in Uttarakhand. Nainital is one of India's leading hill resort for the beauty of the green hills and blue lakes. There are many natural and historical example scatter in this beautiful hill city. The main attraction of Nainital is Naini Lake, Naina Peak, Tiffin Top View Point, the famous literary Jim Corbett's Gurney house, St. John in the Wilderness, Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo, Eco Cave Gardens, Kilbury Bird Sanctuary, Snow view etc.
5. Kodaikanal: Kodakanal is one of the best hill cities of Tamil Nadu. It is located in the lap of the Palani mountain range, this city is 7,200 feet high above sea level. An artificial lake is situated in the middle of the city. This city is famous for its lake, green hill and nice fountain. When fountains have enough water flow, less sunshine, and the clouds roam in the sky that time expose the beauty of the city. Neelakurinji flower is a special attraction of the city. This flower blossomed once in 12 months in December. The other attractive tourist spots are Berijam Lake, Coakers Walk, Kodaikanal Lake, Kurinji Andavar Temple, Dolphin’s Nose, Bryant Park, Green Valley Point, Kodaikanal Solar Observatory etc.
6. Darjeeling: The famous hill town of West Bengal. A wide range of horizontal tea gardens, charming Toy Train - a great place to enjoy the old hill town Darjeeling. The main attraction of Darjeeling is snow covered Kangchenjunga. When the first sunlight of the morning touches Kangchenjunga's peak, only then, the best image of Kangchenjunga is seen from Tiger Hill. The expanse of green tea garden gives Darjeeling a great gift.
The most famous attraction of Darjeeling is Toy Train, Singalila National Park, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Tiger Hill, Observatory Hill, Batasia Loop Himalayan mountain institute, Neora Valley National Park, Japanese Peace Pagoda, Happy Valley Tea Estate etc.
7. Gangtok: Gangtok is one of the best hill town of North - East India. It is the capital of Sikkim. Gangtok is located at 1437 meters above sea level in Sivalik mountain range. Gangtok has a lot of monasteries, mostly Buddhists. Gangtok is one of the cleanest cities of India. The notable sights of Gangtok are Jawharlal Nehru Botanical garden, Tsomgo Lake, Saramsa Garden, Ganesh Tok temple, Nathula Pass, Himalayan zoological park, The Khangchendzonga National Park
8. Shillong: Shillong is the capital and the largest city of Meghalaya. Shillong is located at an altitude of 1,496 meters above sea level. The mountains surround by Pine trees and Shillong is the heaven of a beautiful fountain.
In Shillong, Clouds and rain will welcome you. Shillong has very high rainfall. In Shillong, The construction style of the house is special type. The features of these houses are Sloping roof, wooden floors and lots of windows. The main attraction of shillong is Shillong Peak, Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Culture, Laitlum Canyons, Elephant Falls, Mawjymbuin Caves etc.
9. Munnar: Munnar is the attractive mountainous city of Kerala, located at six thousand feet high. The smell of tea and spices will take you to a different World of beauty. Munnar is so beautiful that the artist can not finish the drawing of beauty on a canvas. Green tea gardens, wide range of wildlife, various types of flowers, beautiful hillsides, sky hills, river flowing, sunflowers, and green forests - everything is here. Munnar is located in the outfall of the three rivers. So there are several dams here. Munnar is the largest tea producer in South India. The main attraction of Munnar is - Atukkad Waterfalls, The Eravikulam National Park, Echo Point, Mattupetty Dam, Chithirapuram,
10. Dehradun: Dehradun is located on the foothills of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand province. There is no shortage of natural beauty in Dehradun, surrounded by forests and hills, there are historical structures. But not in beauty or history, people come to Dehradun to see education and research institutions. Dehradun is surrounded by forests and hills, But not only beauty, people comes to Dehradun to see education and research institutions. There are many world-class schools in Dehradun. For this, it is called 'School City of India'.
Did you know that some of the largest city today is once an oasis? Some of these places are the Cairo, Egypt; Phoenix, Arizona and the Salt Lake City where once a great oasis area in the desert..
The article compares the geographical dimensions areas in Shillong and Cherrapunjee. While one place is famous for natural beauty the other part has extreme unique features..
Do you wish to see some beautiful countries around the world but you are on low budget? There are many cheap countries to visit that are enormously beautiful. Today I am getting you a list of cheap countries to travel which are not only breathtakingly beautiful parts of the world to explore, but also these destinations would save you a lot of money as well along with high standard! Scroll down to see cheap yet beautiful countries to see in the world.